Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Character Sketches


Okay, okay, okay, OKAY!  GOD I’M LAZY with this blog but I know I have to post something when Tiny updates her thing more than I do! Short people aside, it’s been a WHILE since I last posted something here so I’m going to give a quick review of what’s been happening to me lately: Getting ready to move to another country, working still in grocery as a stocker, and trying to tie things up before I leave. But that stuff aside, it’s not bad but just crazy at times.

So art! I have some character sketches from one of my other stories that I’ve been developing over the last, I think, four years. Nothing of course is finalized (it never is) but the characters are finally taking the shape I want them to be. Well, minus one of them. The other lead character I can never agree on a look on her so I kind of removed her from this post.



Originally I was working on a very comic like style for this but I recently threw it out because I never felt it matched the characters right. It took me a while to realize that I should use my more cartoony style for this instead.



 After watching Hotel Transylvania with friend Joe, I started to be re-energized for my love for Genndy Tartakovsky's work! After rewatching all of Sym-Bionic Titan and a few Samurai Jack episodes I was reminded the simple beauty of cartoons. So I decided to go back to a more cartoon like style for this and BAM! I can honestly say I never felt more comfortable drawing these characters! Are they finalized? Hell no. But it’s now a better start than before.




No comments:

Post a Comment